We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated coding professional to join our team as a multi-specialty coder preferably with strong revenue cycle management experience. This position is remote. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of coding experience for physician practices, with various surgical specialties as well as E/M. The position requires one to be resourceful, organized, and extremely driven.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of coding experience
- Extensive coding in multiple specialties including: all primary care specialties, anesthesia, general surgery, dermatology, and orthopedics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven attitude
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and internet)
- Ability to multitask and keep a sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong time management, organization skills, and work ethic
- Accurately code medical records for evaluation and management services, ancillary services, surgical procedures, and diagnoses
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Stay updated about new coding rules as codes routinely change
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information. Follow HIPAA security policies and procedures affecting your job, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach
- Prepare coding reports for customers and AAPC Services manager
- Requires long periods of time sitting and using keyboard and mouse
- Meet and maintain department production and quality standards
- CPMA, CEMC preferred
- COSC, CPCD, CEDC, CGIC, CGSG, CANPC, CAHONC, CIRCC, COBGC, COPC preferred
What We Offer:
AAPC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), and generous PTO and holiday pay.