Remote, United States
Position at Imagine Learning
Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. We serve more than 10 million students and partner with more than 7,500 school districts nationwide.
Envision Your Experience
The Online Tutor serves students in Grades 3–12 in the four core subjects, French, or Spanish through on demand 1:1 tutoring across company products or as part of the company’s World Language program. This position works collaboratively as well as cross functionally with a goal of helping students who have diverse needs.
This is a regular full-time position, based out of your home office (must be in the US).
Imagine Learning offers competitive total compensation, including incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- Provides 1:1 synchronous tutoring through chat, text and audio communication across multiple grade levels and subject areas based on experience and content knowledge.
- Coaches and provides content support to students across company platforms.
- Provides high-quality instruction with the goal of supporting conceptual understanding.
- Uses resources and instructional based best practices to provide effective instruction.
- Self-manages based on team metrics.
- Participates in continuous professional growth activities.
- Proficient with the content offerings to support students and grade levels as assigned across the company.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop and implement instructional best practices.
- Attends and participates in professional development sessions.
- Completes the company and Synchronous Education Services onboarding program including the new hire mentor process.
- Communicates professionally with all stakeholders (students, colleagues, customers) using text, audio and video technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field and at least 1 year of experience directly related to duties; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Active teaching certification preferred.
- Bilingual fluency preferred.
- Proficiency in two or more of the following subject areas: Social Studies, English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Spanish, or French, as required by the position.
- Demonstrated growth mindset.
- Prior experience in a blended or online environment preferred.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and provide ideas to effectively assist students.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, online video chat and database software.
- Proof of current clearances required within 7 days of hire.
- Other duties as required.
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers, and other business associates, Imagine Learning encourages employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Employees entering our office locations must be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test result within 24 hours of their visit.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees.
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.