Remote Paralegal Legal Assistant
Requisition ID: 2022-7956
# of Openings: 1
Category: General and Administration
The Legal Assistant is responsible for assisting in contracts administration, conducting due diligence, assisting with corporate governance matters, and handling other legal and administrative matters as the business requires.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversight of contract management for the legal department, including coordinating signatures on approved agreements and ensuring fully-executed copies are received.
- Oversight of subsidiary entity and director and officer management, including maintenance of corporate records and filings with the Secretaries of State.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including preparation of materials for board meetings.
- Manage and/or complete a wide variety of other miscellaneous legal projects as the business may otherwise require.
- Perform other duties as assigned by attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a law firm or legal department working on corporate matters.
- Must possess a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and follow through on numerous projects at once.
- Must be proficient in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions
- Ability to follow all company policies and procedures in effect at time of hire and as they may change or be added from time to time.
ExamWorks is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, bill reviews, Medicare compliance, case management, record retrieval, document management and related services. Our clients include property and casualty insurance carriers, law firms, third-party claim administrators and government agencies that use independent services to confirm the veracity of claims by sick or injured individuals under automotive, disability, liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverages.
ExamWorks, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans