Patient Responsibility Accounts Receivable Representative I
Remote – USA
Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
The Patient Responsibility Accounts Receivable Representative resolves customer accounts by negotiating payment plans with customers while meeting or exceeding performance and quality objectives.
- Through both inbound and outbound calls leveraging an auto-dialer, negotiate payment plans with customers by reviewing account history both through the nThrive database and, if additional information is required, the client’s portal as well as payment portals to review prior payments.
- Maintain a 96% quality score through superior customer service and accurate documentation of customer encounters.
- Execute appropriate procedures for follow-up on third party approvals, billing, and collection of overdue accounts.
- Perform routine tasks or repetitious tasks with care and attention
- Answer incoming patient or client call/email requests and handle in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisory or Managerial personnel such as acting as back up in other departments.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare customer service or a healthcare certification or degree.
- 6+ months of experience working in a role with a high volume of either inbound or outbound calls or successful completion of a training course with this content.
- Experience in a role that requires accessing multiple databases simultaneously or managing multiple open screens to gather information to discuss with a customer.
- Experience with customer interactions that require live, accurate documentation of the encounter.
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information.
- Experience working with customer support including issue resolution management.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Must be available to work second shift between the hours of 10 AM ET and 9 PM ET.
- Experience with performance metrics and goals.
- Experience with dual monitoring systems.
- Experience with utilizing a dialer system.
- Experience in a performance based commission structure.
- Experience reviewing EOBs.
- Experience entering demographic and insurance information.