Pesticide Registration Specialist
Location: Arden Hills, Minnesota, United States of America
Category: Customer Service & Office Support
Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another—not Wall Street. We’re proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
Pesticide Registration Specialist
The Intermediate Federal Registration Specialist (E9) provides Federal registration assistance to support new EPA pesticide registrations and the maintenance of over 200 existing EPA pesticide registrations.
This position works with the Sr. Federal Registration Specialist, Marketing, R&D and Procurement to develop, assemble, and submit to EPA new product registration packages as well as formulation and label amendment packages that meet EPA requirements.
This is position is based in Arden Hills, MN, however, this position is open to working remote (virtual).
Salary: 80K to 95K will be based on experience
- Provide project support working directly with the Sr. Federal Registration Specialist, Marketing, Procurement and R&D to prepare new product registration packages as well as label and formulation amendment packages within established time frames.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Federal Registration Specialist, identify and initiate required product chemistry, toxicology and other studies as may be needed to support registrations.
- Work with the Sr. Federal Registration Specialist and R&D to evaluate ingredient permissibility for new and amended pesticide product formulations.
- Work with the Sr. Federal Registration Specialist, Marketing and R&D to generate new or amended product labels.
- Assist in identify any potential data support (compensation) issues for new uses or new ingredients.
- Revise labels per EPA’s request to incorporate risk mitigation language.
- Assess competitor environment as requested.
- Maintain SharePoint Sites and/or databases for Registration status.
- Maintain shared registration files (on S-drive and/or Registration Repository) and documents for immediate availability.
Influence and Engage in External Regulatory Activities
- Keep up to date with industry standards, registration regulations (EPA, FIFRA, 40 CFR, Product Registration notices), and company specifications.
- Liaise and dialogue with Regulatory bodies and Consultants, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis (Biology, Chemistry, Agronomy, Food Science, etc.) is preferred.
- Three to five years of pesticide regulatory/regulation related experience, preferred
- Familiarity with EPA, FIFRA, 40 CFR, Product Registration Notices.
- Experience working with EPA and/or State Departments of Agriculture.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); Flexibility to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and in Adobe editing suites.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.