Program Operations Associate
at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Redwood City, CA (Open to Remote)
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas regardless of structure and stage and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here.
Our Education team brings together a diverse set of technologists, grantmakers, strategists and former teachers. Our north star is to enable every young personnot just the lucky fewto enter adulthood with the knowledge, skills, habits and agency to contribute to and thrive in a changing world. The Education Program team is responsible for the core grantmaking on the Education Initiative at CZI. This includes multiple teams focused on diversifying our teaching pipeline, moving research to practice, and supporting paths toward scale with product and policy.
The Program Operations Associate for the Program Operations team will support communications, connection and learning across the team as we engage internal and external partners to track learnings and outcomes of our grant portfolios and drive toward shared impact. The Associate will also support team operations with regard to our grants pipeline for the Program VP in particular, managing the pipeline for review and VP approval.
- Support development of Program team and Program leadership team meeting agendas and follow ups (including coordinating learning sessions and partners presentations).
- Manage projects and requests from Central partners including MCB and DEI.
- Support, design, and delivery of team retreats, stepbacks HQ week programming.
- Manage VP grant pipeline for review and approval
- Manage Program team OKR tracker
- 3-5 years of related professional experience in supporting leaders and teams in complex operational needs
- Demonstrated experience supporting grantmaking teams including supporting grant pipelines, team strategy and planning, and OKRs
- Strong time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize across projects
- Strong project management skills, including development and alignment to detailed work plans, management of diverse stakeholders
- Experience with introducing and leveraging project management tools
- Experience communicating and collaborating with cross-functional peers, stakeholders and managers to exchange moderately complex operational processes, results and tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to equity
CZI is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. If you’re interested in this role but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with each qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply as you may be the perfect fit for this or another role!
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination or take an onsite COVID test.