Overview of position
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of IOM Counter Trafficking (CT) activities.
Project context & objectives
- Act as the focal point for Counter Trafficking (CT) cases. Review CT screenings and assessment plans, oversee referral of cases to relevant partner organizations and international organizations for appropriate follow-up and/or to other units within IOM or IOM Missions for their respective follow-up.
- Provide ongoing training and support to protection case workers on CT, as well as training to colleagues from other units within IOM.
- Identify potential CT cases during urban outreach and visits to DCs, receive referrals and carry out assessments at the IOM MRMM and other urban locations. Develop assistance plans with victims to provide them with assistance tailored to their needs.
- In collaboration with the relevant colleagues, conduct focus group discussions and information sessions to vulnerable populations to ensure continued active participation of target community in the design, delivery and review of CT activities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with communities and partners on CT issues. Support the delivery of training and capacity building activities.
- Contribute to the review of relevant materials and strengthening of tools related to CT, including information materials, case management tools and M&E surveys.
- Conduct risk assessment screenings for vulnerable persons in close coordination with colleagues from Protection and VHR units and receiving missions where relevant.
- Participate in case-management meetings and protection working groups.
- Prepare regular reports on CT including human interest stories.
- Support the data team to track all CT cases and ensure data is comprehensive and up to date, with full respect to IOM data protection policy and the confidentiality of beneficiaries.
- Ensure full adherence to protection principles including Do No Harm throughout all facets of work, as well as adherence to IOM gender and PSEA policies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Consultant will report back to the Protection Project Manager
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field;
- Minimum of Three years of professional experience in the field of Protection and assistance to vulnerable populations;
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills;
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage;
Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
No team management for this role
How to apply
Kindly submit to the following link : https://app.tayohr.io/jobs/detail/vac-6372-protection-assistant-counter-trafficking-5091