Avis de Vacance de Poste
Open to internal and external candidates
Reference : ROWCA-HR-21-280-VN
Duty station: Dakar, Sénégal
Classification: General Category, Grade G5
Type of appointment: Special Short Term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 16-nov.-21
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For this vacancy, applications from qualified and eligible internal candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible external candidates in the selection process.
Launched in December 2016 with funding from the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF), the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration is the first comprehensive programme to save lives, protect and assist migrants along key migration routes in Africa.
The EU-IOM Joint Initiative enables migrants who decide to return to their countries of origin to do so in a safe and dignified way, in full respect of international human rights standards and the principle of non-refoulment. In close partnership with state and non-state actors, it provides assistance to returning migrants to help them restart their lives in their countries of origin through an integrated approach to reintegration that seeks to address returnees’ economic, social and psychosocial needs while at the same time including communities of return in the reintegration process.
In the Sahel and Lake Chad region, the EU-IOM Joint Initiative (JI) seeks to provide sustainable reintegration assistance to more than 50,000 migrants in 14 targeted countries.
In the framework of the JI, IOM has established a Regional Coordination Unit in the Regional Office in Dakar to ensure the consistent management and proper coordination among the targeted country offices.
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF) Regional Coordination Officer, and direct supervision of the EUTF Regional Reintegration Officer, the successful candidate will support the implementation and monitoring of reintegration assistance, performing the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Draft, update and share key documents and tools to facilitate the provision of reintegration in the region and the sharing of good practices
· Review reintegration plans and supporting documents to verify compliance with internal guidelines and donor rules for reintegration cases assisted through regionally managed budget lines/projects
· Support the regional reintegration officer and information management unit to ensure accurate recording of activities in the data management system, by liaising and following-up with country offices as needed, reviewing data against financial records to ensure accuracy, and updating relevant colleagues regarding needed actions whenever is required
· Monitor the use of some regionally managed budget lines, verify availability of funds and update budget related information
· Retrieve, compile, and analyze project data to support monitoring of project progress and regularly update monitoring tools
· Organize capacity-building activities (in person or online) and support the preparation of training materials for key stakeholders in the region
· Prepare and update reports, briefing documents and presentations as needed
. Respond to information requests and inquiries on reintegration and set up and maintain folders related to the implementation of reintegration on SharePoint
. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
Expérience and Skills
• Experience in the implementation and monitoring of project, including budget and progress monitoring
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and good knowledge of spreadsheet and data management and analysis
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiatives
• Ability to meet deadline while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Working knowledge of a local language a distinct advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on the subject line: « ROWCA-HR-21-265-SVN , Regional Reintegration Assistant**».
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 2-nov.-21 to 16-Nov-21