Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
FL PREFERRED OR REMOTE -US
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
“Best Places to Work 2021” -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a Senior AR Specialist to join our diverse and fast-growing team. The position is open to remote work. Your work will directly enable the Molekule team to continue to create, launch, sell, and support new products that deeply impact human health and well-being across the globe, starting with the air we breathe. This is a crucial role that will assist in overseeing our retail accounting in a fast-paced environment. This role reports to the Corporate Controller, and will work closely with the Operations, Factory, and Finance teams.
The Senior AR Specialist will be a key contributor to our Finance team and will be directly responsible for maintaining our receivables accounts with our retail partners. You will provide timely invoicing to customers and reconcile payments to receivables, ensuring that Molekule is paid correctly and on-time.
The ideal candidate will have experience with NetSuite, Excel, and the vendor platforms of our primary retail partners including Amazon, Best Buy, and Costco (Costco is a “nice to have”, Amazon is a must). You will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a remote work environment.
Mission and values: We look for people who connect with Molekule’s mission and purpose and embody its values of determination, ownership, humility, passion, and community.
- Ownership of the collection efforts in compliance with company policies
- Partner with Sales and Customer Service in support of collections and resolution regarding late payments and unresolved balances
- Partner with internal business partners on troubleshooting customer invoicing issues
- Review and process manual customer credit and debit memo adjustments
- Research, resolve, and record customer deductions
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for deductions, claims and cash payments
- Returns processing
- Monitor invalid deductions, identify trends, and coordinate with Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to reduce excess or unexpected customer expenses
- Help Sales review variances to customer specific budgets and help identify root cause
- Prepare and distribute reports as needed
- Identify and help implement process improvements
- Help review and analyze daily sales orders, and receivable balances for order release
- Perform credit checks to evaluate customers who are at risk for payment delinquency
- Develop expertise in accounts receivable, invoicing and trade spend systems and interfaces
- Project work as assigned
- Provide backup in the department as needed
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Accounts Receivables
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred, or other large ERP system
- History supporting large retail partners including Amazon, Best Buy, and Costco
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent education/experience related field is preferred
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Wholesale, and Retail industries preferred
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally; seeks different points of view and perspectives
- Methodical and effective problem solver, implements solutions to address root cause problems
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills; invests time and energy into learning
- Ability to prioritize, independently manage workload and keep up with a dynamically changing company
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Founded by a family trying to address the adverse impacts of polluted air, Molekule was created with a goal of using the power of science to eliminate indoor air pollution around the world. Our mission is to deliver clean air to everyone, everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that’s why we need you!
- “Check your ego at the door.”
Determination & Grit
- “We believe in what we’re doing. That’s why we persevere through problems.”
- “We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size).”
- “We’re all in this together.”
- “We’re devoted to changing the world for the better.”
- “I know that I don’t know everything, there’s always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes.”
- “My communications are candid, effective, respectful, and assuming good intentions.”
Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just of individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail email@example.com, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.