Senior Associate, Credit & Collections
Austin, TX (Remote, US)
Workrise is looking for a passionate Senior Associate, Credit & Collections who is responsible for monitoring customer accounts, identifying overdue balances and contacting customers or business partners to notify them of the amount owed. This position makes phone calls to customers to resolve unpaid balances or emails to issue statements. The Senior Associate, Credit & Collections is responsible for maintaining customer contact records and for recording outreach attempts in HighRadius. This position serves as a liaison between customers, sales and invoicing to resolve unpaid invoices and reconcile 3rd party systems. The Senior Associate, Credit & Collections submits regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and may also assist with customer disputes, inquiries and requests for payment reconciliation.
Why Join us? Our Accounting team at Workrise is the core of the Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, no-ego, number-crunching folks who enjoy working together, owning the responsibility of ensuring that our finances are complete and accurate. We have built the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow.
Are you ready to help us empower the people who get hard work done?
Excited?! Keep reading;
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer outreach
- Call customers to request payment updates for unpaid balances
- Email customers to issue account statements and maintain meticulous customer notes in HighRadius
- Partner with the Sales team to resolve balances owed by strategic accounts
- Escalate delinquent accounts to credit underwriters for review
- Customer Account Reconciliation
- Reconcile Workrise account receivable aging to 3rd party portal records to confirm balances are entered and approved for payment
- Research and reconcile short-paid and over-=paid balances on the account receivable aging
- Resubmit charges or submit write-off adjustments as necessary
- Escalate disputed invoices to the Invoicing team for resolution and resubmission
- Partner with the Cash Applications team to resolve unapplied payments
- Accounts Receivable Reporting
- Generate account receivable aging reports from NetSuite and HighRadius
- Update weekly Account Receivable Dashboard report for all customers identified for review or stop-work
- Respond to ad-hoc customer report requests
- Cross-Functional Projects
- Meet with Sales, Credit and Invoicing teams to discuss customer accounts.
- Collaborate with the Legal team to organize lien filing when necessary on aging receivables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Finance Operations teams to identify and resolve process inefficienciesWhat you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Communications
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- High degree of urgency and accountability
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft (specifically Excel), cloud based products and Google apps
- Experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive as part of a team and also deliver results as an individual contributor
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to build relationships with colleagues of all levels and external customers
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about supporting our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters your growth. We use data to drive our decisions and improve the experience of our workers and the clients we serve. With mutual respect for each other, we continually collaborate to find the best solution.
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team.
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to manage and deploy Oil & Gas workers at scale through technology. Over time, we’ve grown to add Renewables in service of the energy industry.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, and Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially.
We’d love to share more through the interview process and look forward to learning more about your journey.