Senior Editor, Forbes Content & Design Studio
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
The award-winning, industry-leading Forbes branded content studio is looking for a talented, driven senior editor. The studio produces high-volume, high-impact digital experiences in collaboration with the leading brands of the world that are seen by millions. This is a career-transforming opportunity for an ambitious content professional.
Successful candidates will demonstrate writing and storytelling expertise; a proven record of ideating and executing excellent, innovative content features; a discerning eye for content curation and packaging; empathy for the user experience; and a meticulous dedication to detail. This role is also highly collaborative, so clear communication and a winning personality are essential.
Premium Posts, our marquee branded content product, are high-impact, custom-designed articles. Steering every stage of Premium Post production, the editor will be expected to:
- Concept and execute ambitious storytelling that engages readers and fulfills client goals.
- Collaborate with a design partner to establish overall vision, packaging and user experience.
- Guide writers from pitch to publication, developing and editing content for quality, intrigue and journalism standards; build a deep roster of diverse freelance writers to assign to.
- Adeptly navigate complex programs and client feedback, exhibiting command and empathy.
Other Content Products
- Craft and edit compelling storytelling across our full range of content formats, including standard articles, live event recaps, social media experiences and research reports.
- Pitch product innovations and process enhancements to optimize team output.
- Crisply meet all deadlines.
- Closely collaborate with designers, client managers, freelance writers, fellow editors and others.
- 6+ years of experience in editing/producing content. Journalism experience is a plus.
- Work samples that showcase sparkling storytelling.
- Clear thinking, writing and speaking skills.
- A nimble, flexible, solutions-oriented mindset.
- World-class attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Relevant studio work for general reference:
- Dollar General
Other Content Formats
- Social Media: Atlassian Video
- Live Event Recap: Power Women’s Summit
- Standard Story: Mural
- Research Report: St. Jude
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.