Senior Frontend Engineer
SOFTWARE PRODUCT – ENGINEERING
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
SageSure is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for our Buying Experience team to help reshape how home and small business insurance is purchased in high-risk, coastal areas. You’ll join a team of mainly React-based frontend engineers to solve challenging problems in a collaborative and rewarding environment. We’re fully remote, and passionate about building, shipping, learning and improving.
What you’d be doing:
- Help build our UI with a team of designers and stakeholders
- Implement and test React web components
- Contribute to a consistent technical direction within the broader front-end team
- Encourage code maintainability and consistency with standards and best practices
- Constructively mentor others and give thoughtful feedback in code reviews
- Measure progress in UX and performance as we continuously iterate and improve our software
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience building and testing with React
- An understanding of browser support challenges
- Experience with fronted workflow tools such as NPM, Babel and Webpack
- Experience with Git and team development conventions
- Empathy for the user and a keen sense for UX
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideal candidates also have experience with:
- React Hooks
- React Testing Library
- Styled Components
- Feature flag architecture
- Software deployment pipeline development
- Insurtech or Fintech environments
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! A Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for two years in a row (2020-2021), SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator serving disaster-prone areas. That means we sell insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 50+ products in 14 states, serving over 400,000 policyholders while managing more than $800 million in written premium. We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure opportunities, visit
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.