Sr. People Business Partner, Engineering
United States, Remote
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do everyday
- Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters, such as organizational/team development, employee relations, successful onboarding and offboarding, etc
- Create templates and process improvements to help systemize our approach while also working alongside managers to support established performance management tools and programs.
- Be the first point of contact for portfolio employees of all levels on day to day matters
- Provide guidance on complex employee relations issues making recommendations for resolution.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Regularly assess and provide guidance on organizational climate, workforce planning, succession planning and identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies
What you bring to the role
- Previous experience in HR in a dynamic high growth tech startup
- 8+ years of HR experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- At least 3 years of experience as an HRBP supporting distributed teams
- In-depth knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, recruitment, and compensation required; demonstrated competency to learn new state legislation as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, high EQ, and ability to navigate complex situations.
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment with a consistently high quality of work and a sense of humor.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission – Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Compensation – The salary range for this role is between $125,000 – $135,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates’ skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.