Sr. Software QA Engineer
Location: Remote, US
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need answers.
About this role:
The iRhythm SQA and Test Engineering team is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to support development and verification phases for our diverse suite of software applications that are used to deliver iRhythm’s world-class ECG analysis services. This position provides an opportunity to work with a talented team on a diverse, innovative set of SaaS based solutions within the medical device/software industry.
Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
Specific job responsibilities include:
As the Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work closely with our software development team to test and appropriately document results in support of timely software releases.
- Review software requirements and design documentations to ensure technical accuracy as well as testability; act as a quality advocate throughout the development cycle with focus on end-user (internal, external, patient) needs.
- Develop written verification test cases, subsequently document and report test results to both functional and customer requirements – in a manner consistent with regulatory and internal standards.
- Create test strategy, test plan, and execute software testing of the cardiac monitoring devices and supporting software applications.
- Identify software defects and track through resolution; provide test coverage for user stories.
- Understand principles of design controls, risk management, and regulations applicable in medical device industry.
- Work closely with Dev, Product, TPM, and QA partners in scrum teams following agile methodology, participate in stand-ups, report status in project meetings.
- Evaluate updates to ECG Analysis Algorithm and Clinical Tools to determine impact to iRhythm Clinical Operations and external customers.
- Support software deployments in a variety of test, staging, and production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, with 5+ years of Software QA experience.
- Strong understanding of QA principles and processes preferable in a FDA regulated environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, finding creative solutions.
- Great communication skills. Passion for teamwork, collaboration, and open communication.
- Experience working in Agile development environment with Atlassian tools.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with other engineers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in presentation of methods and observations.
- Highly technical individual.
- Working knowledge of AWS or other Cloud Platforms.
- Proficiency with MySQL in Linux environment.
- Previous experience testing medical devices and the related verification, validation, and documentation requirements a plus.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C/C++, and/or .NET/C#.
- Familiarity with the software QA process in the medical device industry or other regulated environment (e.g., FAA, SEC, DoD, Title 21 CFR part 11), and the related verification, validation, and documentation requirements.
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid holidays, and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural Committee/Charity events, and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.