Subject Matter Expert – General Coding Logic
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them – regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020 and 2021, we’ve executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we’re emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we’ve been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we’re excited to ramp up on hiring again!
We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few.
You can also read some case studies with a few of our partner companies like Flexport, Mixpanel and Gusto and also learn more about us here:
- Triplebyte Blog- Rethinking Triplebyte
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- Building an Engineering Team – Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
Triplebyte has developed a modern approach to skill assessments, backed by extensive psychometrics research and validated with real technical interviews and hiring outcomes at 1,000+ companies. Our assessments are background-blind, unbiased, and designed to be highly predictive of success in downstream technical interviews, thus they help every candidate put their best foot forward when being considered for an engineering / data science role.
As a Subject Matter Expert, you’ll develop new content for multiple-choice skill assessments in general coding logic. Through these questions you’ll look to test understanding of various concepts, models, technologies and practical implementation considerations that engineers need to be familiar with. The content will span a range of skill levels from Entry-level through Principal. We design the content to be clear, unbiased, and relevant to practical jobs in the tech industry. Therefore we are looking for people with a combination of practical experience in the industry, detail orientation and an interest in teaching / coaching.
What you’ll do
- Identify topics to develop content
- Develop questions for multiple-choice tests for general coding logic
- Work with Triplebyte’s assessments team to review questions for quality assurance
- Peer review questions developed by other subject matter experts
What you’ll need to be successful
- 5+ years professional experience in engineering, using modern technologies
- Experience in hiring / interviewing engineers
- Deep practical and theoretical understanding of modern web technologies including how they work under the hood
- Familiarity with tools, languages and Libraries commonly used
- Understanding of practical implementation considerations and ability to define trade-offs between system architecture decisions
- Academic / teaching experience
We have a laid-back, friendly office culture. Over lunch you’ll often find us discussing the latest in technology, books, and pop culture, and then maybe getting in a quick game of chess or babyfoot (foosball).
Since we’re an early-stage company, we move fast, and it’s important that each member of our team is able to take ownership of projects by defining problems, brainstorming solutions, and running experiments.
Jumpstart Your Application
If you want to jump ahead in the hiring process, you can do so by completing our short Quiz. It usually takes around 30 minutes to complete. In addition to completing the Quiz, make sure to submit your application.
The first step is to complete a short technical quiz, which takes about 15 minutes. This will help us better understand your strengths and expedite your hiring process.
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We’re looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches