Title: Technical Executive Administrative Assistant (Remote)
Location: US-Remote Employee Location
US-Remote Employee Location
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
- Provide direct administrative support to Veterans Administration (VA) IT Product Line (PL) Manager
- Proactively manage PL Manager’s calendars and set up all required meetings
- Facilitate PL Manager’s meetings as directed, capture meeting minutes, and distribute/archive appropriately
- Prepare and facilitate weekly, monthly, and as needed high-quality executive-level briefings that can be presented to and easily understood by top VA leadership and congressional staff
- Maintain an archive of previous executive-level briefings that can be quickly repurposed for similar executive briefings on short notice
- Take the lead in formulating and refining PL Manager’s communications to PL clients/stakeholders, upward to VA leadership, and downward to PL team members
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Organize and maintain an electronic archiving system to facilitate organizational and administrative support of the PL Manager’s strategic planning and communications needs
- Maintain an excellent understanding of health IT technology, systems, and specifically VA Telehealth IT systems to be applied in all aspects of PL Manager communications, meetings and meeting minutes, PL strategic planning initiatives, and PL client and stakeholder needs
- Work directly with PL Manager to develop and refine the PL Manager’s briefings, presentations, communications, and meeting facilitation for all levels of recipients up and down the VA IT organization and to clients/stakeholders
Requirements and skills
- 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- 5 years’ minimum experience working on VA projects
- Excellent MS Office tools knowledge and experience creating and formatting Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents
- Excellent knowledge of PDF document generation
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including correct and professional document formatting, spelling, grammar and logical presentation of content, ideas and conclusions
- Must be self-starter and proactive, detail-oriented planner
- BA/BS diploma or 8 years’ equivalent work experience
COVID/Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company’s and its clients’ COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client’s COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/ F/Vet/Disabled