Junior Video Editor
Full time. Remote.
Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
SamCart is looking for a talented Videographer/Editor to join our Marketing team. We’re a company founded and run by marketers. Naturally, catchy and well-produced content is integral to our success online. As an in-house videographer and editor, you’ll produce videos and content for our social media channels and paid advertising, bring fresh concepts to market, and optimize existing online assets.
- Produce and edit creative video content that educates our online audiences, helping to nurture users across their entire journey with SamCart.
- Show ownership over creative projectsscript, film, edit and produce videos for all audiences and personas for digital media channels (website, social, emails, etc).
- Consistently work to improve video content based on industry best practices and conversion optimization.
- Brainstorm ways to improve SamCart’s social media presence with videos to drive conversions
- Work with team to collaborate on campaigns or strategies where new video or content development is required
- Consistently hit deadlines with high quality of work
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- 1-3 years video editing experience, saas or tech experience preferred
- Proficiency in operating Canon Cinema cameras and Sony Cinema cameras, or solid understanding of these tools and willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in audio production and studio mixing
- Proven ability to convert raw footage into engaging and enjoyable video content
- Solid understanding of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, etc) and how video plays a role in the success on those platforms
- Ability to deliver quality work while meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with team members
Please include links to 3 past video projects AND a link to your demo reel.
- You’re a content creator that is building your own brand with video online
- Comfortable being on-camera
- You enjoy scripting and storyboarding
- Past freelancing experience
- Familiarity with and interest in the Creator Economy
This is what you’ll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say Their success is our success and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do – We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Yay, we have 401K!
- Health Insurance premiums are covered 100% by SamCart for you +1, be it a significant other or child.
- Supportive Parental leave policies for all parents
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
- Self-Care is important, which is why we offer a monthly wellness credit.
Our Core Values
Be Transparent – We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
Be Human – We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
Be an Owner – We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
Be Creative and Commit – We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
Be You – We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!