HR Specialist, Employee Resource Center
Job ID: 2231615 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Join Amazon’s HR Employee Resource Center (ERC) team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are looking for an HR Specialist to join a newly formed team that supports Amazon Corporate employees. The ERC primarily exists to help Amazon employees find answers to their questions and solve their complex HR problems that come in via various contact channels phone, chat and MyHR cases. If you have a relentless desire to build better customer experiences and drive process improvement as part of a highly specialized team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed specialists, we have the career you’re looking for.
Our ERC (Employee Resource Center) HR Specialists provide support to Amazon’s Corporate employee population, demonstrating high judgement while problem solving and advocating on behalf of Corporate Amazonians. Team members will build and implement in the face of ambiguity, problem solve with tenacity, and demonstrate strong analytical skills while providing centralized support to Amazonians.
Key job responsibilities
- Responds quickly and accurately to queries from customers (Amazonians) via phone, MyHR case, and chat, ultimately providing issue resolution.
- Interprets and communicates effectively as a subject matter expert in HR policies to customers (Amazonians) and acts as the primary information source for customers.
- Resolves escalations from internal business partners and customers including senior-level leadership.
- Escalates broken processes and employee experiences. Continuously dives deep to find new ways to improve the employee experience and speed of resolution.
- Actively participates in and drives the continuous improvement culture through team kaizen’ and lean projects.
- Works individually and with team to identify and eliminate barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Identifies customer-impacting issues and implements solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Achieves key performance indicator (KPI) goals and objectives in line with the organization’s goals.
- Assists in implementing and improving training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
- Works in a fast-paced operational environment and employs rapid, accurate judgement in the face of ambiguity or broken processes.
- Manages confidential and sensitive employee information and adheres to strict data privacy standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of Amazon experience, or 3+ years equivalent experience
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years as HR Generalist or HR Specialist in a corporate environment
- 2+ years contact center experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced operational environment
- Proven ability to identify process defects, make recommendations for process improvements, and implement process improvements
- Team/process lead, and/or team/process supervisor experience
- Basic US legislation knowledge pertaining to HR & Labor
- 1+ year using case management system, reviewing cases, determining appropriate processes and policies that apply to a specific situation, and resolving a case or establishing/executing a case management plan
- PHR, GPHR, or SPHR certification
- Ability to handle projects using the Project Management principles and methodology
- Knowledge of or training in Lean Six Sigma
- Proven ability to manage customer contacts in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to follow existing process with high attention to detail
- Proven ability attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexible to work in shifts to cater to a global charter.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Employee Resource Center