IOM’s Labour Mobility and Human Development (LHD) unit in its Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) works to foster the synergies between labour migration and development, working with states to strengthen migration governance through multilateral dialogue, enhance protection to labour migrants and their families, and facilitate safe labour migration as an adaptation strategy to address the effects of climate change. Moreover, IOM supports the development of policies and programmes that are in the interest of migrants and society, including policy advice and capacity-building in labour migration management; protection of workers throughout the labour migration process; promotion of ethical recruitment and decent work through private sector and civil society engagement; information-sharing and awareness-raising to inform migration decision making; diaspora engagement to foster greater investment and transnational partnership; and skills development and empowerment of migrant workers.
Working under the direct supervision of the Regional Labour Mobility and Human Development Officer and the overall direction of the Senior Regional Labour Migration and Human Development Specialist in IOM’s Regional Office for the Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, the intern will support the LHD unit in the implementation of ongoing work to support country offices, the Regional Director, and IOM Headquarters.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the LHD regional unit in review of new project proposals and reports related to the LHD portfolio for the countries in Asia and the Pacific;
- Assist the LHD regional unit in strengthening IOM’s cooperation with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) through the establishment and support to the Labour Migration Task Force
- Provide support and coordination assistance for regional processes such as Colombo Process, ASEAN, Abu Dhabi Dialogue and other regional and global processes related to the LHD portfolio.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of monthly work updates including liaison with field missions in the region;
- Support the development and maintenance of the unit’s information resources in a user-friendly and coherent manner;
- Collect, track and analyse labour migration and project data generated by IOM activities;
- Prepare high-quality presentations, talking points and other outreach materials;
- Assist in the organisation of workshops, conferences, and webinars for the LHD regional unit and projects in the region;
- Assist in the preparation for and participate in internal and external meetings, and draft notes for file; and
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 22-020 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mention above.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Duly completed IOM Personal History Form
(can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
• 1-2 writing samples, optional (relevant topic of your choice).