Mobile Marketing Manager
Remote United States, New York, New York $50,000 – $120,000 per year Marketing
The Air Apps team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 40 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people’s lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 75 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people’s life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will manage key paid and organic user acquisition channels to build and execute strategies that drive scalable and sustainable growth for multiple apps globally. You will be part of a marketing organization that drives Air Apps’ user growth. You’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making people’s life easier.
- Manage key paid user acquisition channels while targeting performance ROAS/KPI goals.
- Manage your channels end to end, including developing channel strategy, defining targeting, managing creatives, setting up campaigns, optimizing campaigns, measuring performance, and driving insights for future campaigns.
- Use a data-driven approach & a vigorous testing process to evaluate hypotheses and extract insights on strategy and performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer experience and data flow from acquisition and engagement to drive conversions & revenues.
- Use reporting and monitoring systems to distill performance to managers regularly.
- Collaborate with content creators, including the creative team, to help create new and innovative messaging and customer touch-points.
- Create and localize App Store Product Pages, including metadata and visuals.
- Write app titles, descriptions, and promo texts using researched keywords.
- Monitor and track app store and keyword rankings using the latest analytic tracking tools.
- Optimize app meta-data in multiple languages.
- Execute A/B tests, collect and analyze data and results.
- Conduct competitive analysis, staying up-to-date on the competitive landscape and any changes to the storefronts that could affect rankings or search results.
- Create Custom Product Pages to improve campaign performance.
- Coordinate with creative teams on assets and collaborate closely with the product and user acquisition team.
- Craft a marketing content calendar that will help engage, grow and educate our followers.
- Create and publish engaging copies and content on multiple organic user acquisition channels.
- Work with in-house brand and creative teams to create engaging assets, sometimes designing immediate needs yourself.
- Align marketing assets with Air Apps’ brand ethos and brand identity.
- Report on campaign performance, and milestones.
Expected daily activities
- Manage paid user acquisition channels, such as Apple Search Ads and Google Ads worldwide.
- Create and publish app specific content on social media and other organic user acquisition channels.
- Communicate new app features and marketing campaigns to the Apple AppStore team.
- Manage day-to-day communication with crucial marketing partners (e.g., resolve issues, document challenges, create roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.).
- Track, optimize, and measure campaign performance daily.
- Optimize campaigns and analyze results to help us determine how and where our budget should be allocated.
- Discover new keywords, trends, and market opportunities daily.
- Compile weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights and take relevant action on insights gained.
- Conduct research to monitor and study the competition, including SOV and ranking across App Stores.
- Work with the in-house creative team to produce high-performing creative.
- Collaborate with the product manager to spot and analyze opportunities for scalability and growth.
- Use social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand.
- Generate, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Collaborate with the creative team to elaborate assets for social campaigns.
- Research social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities.Your opportunity
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Get-together: next is in May 2023 → Berlin, Germany
- Health insurance (or your country’s standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country’s standard)
- 10 days sick leave (or your country’s standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country’s standard)
- National holidays (or your country’s standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about driving world-class marketing. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- 3 years of professional experience in mobile marketing
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience running ASA and UAC campaigns to hit efficiency & volume targets
- Experience using third party mobile attribution tools such as Appsflyer, Adjust, or Kochava to drive effective campaign optimization strategies
- Ability to work on global campaigns and understand the importance of localization on performance and user behavior in mobile-first markets
- Deep knowledge of modern analytics, reporting, and business intelligence tools. Including data visualization tools
- Analytical skills and experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of marketing landscape and roadmap to deliver improved efficiency and growth
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Be up to date with the latest mobile marketing trends, features, and requirements.
- BS in Marketing or equivalent industry experience
The job requires operating in small teams in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remotely means that you need to, at least, manage one person – yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You’ll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you’d be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You’ll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You’ll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company’s expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can’t provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return.
This position is fully REMOTE; no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will work from any country Air Apps hires in, however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.