Title: Senior SQL Server Developer
What you’ll do
In a few words
As in most organizations, data is vital at Abarca. The Database Administration team consists of operational Database Administrators and Database Developers. While the line between the two areas of functionality is blurry, we are looking for a Senior Microsoft SQL Database Developer who will work closely with Application Development teams to architect, develop, and tune database code and structures. Collaborating with the development team members and internal stakeholders to develop a robust and effective strategy to improve the performance of existing database code and future new releases. The focus will be on the technical side of the database application and making sure that all processes are optimized for performance.
The fundamentals for the job
- Provide technical expertise and support in the use of the Database Management System.
- Evaluate and recommend available Database Management System products to support validated user requirements.
- Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications
- Create and maintain database objects such as tables, views, index, constraints, etc. for data platform and custom applications
- Drive end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for Microsoft SQL, using native and 3rd party tools
- Evaluate, design, code, optimize, and modify databases and database applications.
- Model databases and develop tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
- Tune databases for optimum performance.
- Work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements
- Education in Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 6+ years of experience in administering on-prem / Azure based multi-user SQL Server environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems
- Experience with optimizing database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring, programming, and design.
- Experience and the ability to build quick alignment, drive to decisions, influence without positional power, and collaborate to produce improved outcomes
- Adept in quickly ascertaining the technical status of issues raised, using limited information, and formulating the best possible issue-resolution plan.
- Understanding of software performance tools, metrics, and benchmarks
- Experience with driving end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for Microsoft SQL, using native and 3rd party tools
- Experience with implementing automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of EDB Microsoft SQL for production, pre-production, and non-production environments
- Experience with administrating Microsoft SQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles in an Azure environment.
- Experience managing cloud Database software projects utilizing agile methodologies in a mission-critical environment
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts, processes, and best practices
- Experience with building detailed technical artifacts to document software deployment processes
- Successful track record of managing a network of partnerships with technical teams to resolve system problems and application-specific issues
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
That something extra we d love to see
- Action for bias
- Analytical & Strategic Thinking
- Detailed oriented
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.