Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Systems Engineer with some background in machine-learning operations (MLOps) to join our customer-facing Custom Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for you to apply your software configuration, programming, and debugging skills to help customers apply Anaconda tools to solve practical business problems using AI/ML and related technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop expertise with our commercial and open-source products so that you can help customers apply these tools to their problems and systems.
- Help Anaconda integrate MLOps tools with our commercial and open-source products to help support machine-learning and related applications
- Provide regular, useful product feedback to internal engineering and documentation teams.
- Develop expertise in technologies related to our products, such as Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos, Docker, and Kubernetes.
What You Need:
- Consulting background and/or a high level of comfort working directly with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients (written and verbal)
- Personal or professional experience as a Linux system administrator, including deploying, maintaining, and debugging Linux services on a workstation, VM, or cloud instance.
- Experience working with complex networking environments (firewalls, subnets, NAT, VPN, proxies).
- Some experience supporting machine-learning workflows involving management of data, code, and model outputs, using MLFlow, kubeflow, flyte, or a similar tool
- Some experience with using and configuring Windows systems
- Ability to contribute to technical documentation, FAQs, Troubleshooting Guides, feature specifications, bug reports
- Identification with our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with Python for scripting.
- Experience with Python tools for library packaging and environments, including pip, conda, and conda-build.
- Previous experience working in a client-facing environment
- Cloud and VM deployment experience (AWS, OpenStack, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hadoop and/or Spark experience.
- DevOps experience with products/services/systems utilizing CI
- Experience with CI, testing, and other automation tools
- Experience with revision control systems (git/github, etc.)
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to help support the open-source ecosystem
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning, and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Paid parental leave – both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.