Technical UI/UX Designer
at Wizards of the Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
On Magic: The Gathering Arena’s feature team, we work with a broad group of engineers, artists, designers, and QA to translate the tabletop experience of new card sets to a digital experience for an enormous, thriving community. As a part of this team, you will be directly involved in crafting the experience for millions of passionate players.
If you are a Technical UI/UX Designer who loves Magic: The Gathering Arena and wants to help build exciting new products and experiences that enrich the game experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the Coast, this is the job for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for user-experience flow features and UI systems to achieve product goals from the design side, concepting and building them with an eye toward an exciting and engaging player experience.
- Craft new features end-to-end, alone or collaboratively, including initial ideation, building out specs and documentation, reviews, and hands-on implementation.
- Work with production to scope, prioritize and schedule the implementation of features involving other teams.
- Drive and improve the game’s user experience throughout the implementation process, advising and collaborating with a dedicated interdisciplinary team of producers, programmers, artists, other designers, and QA.
- Post-launch, evaluate the user experience and develop plans to adjust problematic areas and build on successes.
- Collaborate with or mentor other interaction designers and team members in the fundamentals of sophisticated design, feedback triage, and adaptive design.
- Advocate for the best user interface and user experience design practices through competitive analysis of games like Magic Arena.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in UI, UX, or Digital Design.
- 4+ Years Professional Interaction, UX and/or UI design/development experience with one or more shipped titles.
- Familiarity as a player of Magic: The Gathering or other Trading Card Games.
- Experience implementing designs in Unity or a similar environment.
- Experience with live services support.
- Experience in interaction design and crafting intuitive interfaces that drive social engagement.
- Able to function in an Agile development environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-designers (engineering, art, UX, production, and business personnel).
- Drive to help build the best-in-class game in this genre.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.